Polluted air in the home or workplace can cause problems for any person, but especially those with allergies or asthma. Chronic suffering from allergy symptoms shouldn’t be normal, and if it is, the air quality might be to blame.
Here are some common air pollutants found indoors:
- Dust. Dust mites and house dust thrive in warm, humid places and are a very common allergen.
- Pet Dander. Like pet hair, pets shed their dander and the accumulation of this dander can cause serious allergies.
- Mold. Mold spores can be on surfaces or airborne and are common in bathrooms, kitchens, basements and where plants are watered in wicker baskets or something similar.
Obviously, you can’t seal up your bathrooms or get rid of your pets, or anything like that, so you have to work on purifying the air itself. Fans and windows help with ventilation which can certainly help an air quality problem, but they won’t rid the air of pollutants. Plug-in air purifiers can help as well, but they have the drawback of being both bulky and noisy.
That’s why an in-duct air purifier system is our number one tip for keeping allergens out of the house. A system like the REME HALO (which we can install in less than an hour for folks in the West Palm Beach area), will pull in air from the whole house and filter it to get rid of allergens, pollutants, bacteria, viruses and more. Plus, your house will smell fresher and cleaner.
Besides getting an in-duct air purifier installed, here are our other tips for keeping allergies to a minimum in your home or business:
- Keep pets clean and bathe them often.
- Make sure bathrooms and kitchen are well ventilated.
- Consult basement waterproofing expert if necessary.
- Have ducts cleaned.
- Change air filter regularly.
- Ensure HVAC is serviced regularly.
Contact Pro-Star Air Inc. For An Air Purifier Consultation
We’d love to help you get a cleaner, fresher home. We install the award-winning REME HALO in-duct air purifier system, but we also fix and install air conditioners and heating units. Whatever your HVAC needs are, we can help! Give us a call at 561-434-2665–we offer a $20 discount for first time customers!